Coffman offers skilled therapy services 7 days/week and you will begin therapy within 24 hours of admission
Physical therapy concentrates on regaining physical ability by focusing on improving strength, range of motion, balance, coordination, and decreasing pain to promote the highest level of functional independence. Services provided by a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gait Training - retraining to improve walking pattern with or without an assistive device
- Therapeutic Activity - training proper technique and safety with transfers
- Therapeutic Exercise - improve muscle strength to promote independence and mobility
- Modalities - modalities include hot/cold pack or paraffin bath are used to manage pain.
Occupational therapy focuses on regaining the ability to perform self-care activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and feeding. Occupational therapists may make or help obtain splints or special adaptive equipment that will assist resident in caring for them self. Services provided by a licensed occupational therapist or certified occupational therapist assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Self Care Training - encourages independence with activities of daily living by teaching proper technique, safety, and adaptive equipment.
- Therapeutic Exercises - strengthening the upper extremities to promote functional mobility
- Wheelchair Positioning - to ensure the best position for each individual resident ensuring the safety of each resident